Volunteer with Shakey Paw!
Get practice working with animals and allow seniors to keep their pets at home by providing in-home care, walking dogs, cleaning litter boxes, and trimming claws.
Contact us to find out the many ways you can volunteer with SPPF.
We are as strong as our Volunteers!
As the growing need for assistance continues we will need more people to offer any number of services and support. We need volunteers for the following activities. The need can arise at any time so we are always on the lookout for good people that can offer a helping hand. A background check must be performed in order to be a Shakey Paw contributor because of the fragile populations we serve.
Some of the volunteer opportunities will include
- Helping Senior Citizens and Cancer Patients Take their dogs for walks
- Helping Senior Citizens and Cancer Patients change litter boxes (because of the dust and weight)
- Collecting Donated Materials
- Helping Senior Citizens and Cancer Patients get to and from Veterinary Appointments with their pets
- Participating in spreading the word to help as many as possible
- Distributing Pet Food and Supplies
- Fostering a displaced or Senior Pet
- Adopting a displaced or Senior Pet